Google Stadia

Today we get the first look at Googles first jump into the gaming market with their gaming system called Stadia! Right now what we know about the system is that they will be getting the top titles as well as they will have unlimited bandwidth to the point where they can have data heavy games on their new system. They announced that their membership will cost 9.99 a month and the games will be 4k/HDR at 60fps. Right now you can preorder the Stadia for under 200, you will get the founders edition. The founders edition you get the chromecast, 3 months Stadia Pro, a buddy pass, a controller and first dibs at your username(Stadia Name).

 Right now I will tell you that Stadia will have a KILLER lineup at launch. Ghost Reacon Breakpoint, GYLT, Get Packed, The Division 2 and Destiny 2, also with Destiny you WILL be able to transfer your character from any other platform to Stadia!! This is fantastic, that means your saved data will transfer between consoles and you don't have to worry about having to start from zero!!

 Also the few games that I saw within the press conference that will be launching on the system are, Assassins Creed Oddessy, Tomb Raider, Mortal Kombat, Trials, Recore, FIFA 19, Anthem and The Crew, as of right now these were the games I was able to grab from the video that they played during the press conference.

 Hopefully we will get more details as the days get closer. As for the system itself the system will be really cheap compared to the other top tier consoles(i.e xbox , switch, ps4) the retail cost of the system is a whopping $137.55!!! COME ON!!! One thing that was not clear which I looked into is that on top of needing the monthly membership you will have to buy the games you'd like to play! And as of right now the games will be valued at $60 a PIECE!!!!! This is actually interesting because they weren't clear on this during the press conference! 

For a fully online system with no physical media, this is honestly a steal! I love as well that you get a few perks for preordering the console. I personally preordered my system to have it on day one and to make sure that I secure my username or as Google calls it Stadia Name. But as of right now we will have to wait and see what they do with this system going forward because I honestly don't want a repeat of what happened to the Ouya video game system. But only time will tell and as well as that I honestly want to figure out how many preorders went through on the first hour of the console being announced. 

On one final note I am currently investigating about what games will and will not be included and what you will have to purchase. Once I get the full list I will update the article or even post a new one! 

Comments