BenQ PD2710QC Monitor



When I first started gaming I was playing on a regular 22in tv, the colors I thought were great for what I was doing. Until I received this monitor, when I plugged this monitor in and switched over my gameplay to this one automatically I got blown away the colors were rich with more depth and color then I had seen before. This is probably be cause im use to seeing everything of a television instead of a true monitor. What I can say that this monitor in particular has capability of blowing you away in the means of performance. I ran a monitor test and see what the specs were of this specific monitor and I was astonished that I got a true color result which the results are below. 


With this being said I have my old monitor daisy chained to this monitor as well just to use it for my chat and social media when I am streaming and I can say that the dullness of the old monitor actually hurts my eyes. There are some features of the monitor that I have yet to use but I am sure that with the next couple of weeks that I will use. It  is basically on the base of the monitor that it has a hidden gem. 

Basically it has a docking station equipped with an RJ45 port as well as 4 usb type A's , Displayport output , headphone jack and a usb-c. All this is to make it easier on you to connect your devices and make this your one go to monitor for all of your multimedia needs. This will eliminate the need to use multiple adapters to connect all of your different devices. When you take a look at this you will literally say WOW this is an awesome monitor. I have been tinkering with it but not as much as I should and I think that aspect should change immediately I think this is a great feature for those who don't have the necessary space on their desk to have every cable running up from their tower to the desk. Instead just plug it into the base of the monitor and you good to go.  

Another feature that caught my attention was the tilt-and-swivel feature. As the name says you can tilt this monitor 90 degrees as well as tilt it backwards 20 degrees and forward 5 degrees. The base of the monitor is 180mm tall which is a perfect height so you do have to be looking at the monitor from a low distance (I know a lot of people who love to have their monitors high even if they have to stretch to see it). I like my monitor low so as to see exactly what I am playing and who I am aiming at. When you first open this monster of a monitor you are mesmerized at how nice and shiny it is. But with a little assembly of the base you'll be ready to go, and you'll see why this monitor is the way it is. PERFECTION! 


One last thing about this monitor that I found cool, it is eye-care technology. Which is BenQ's technology to filter out the harmful blue rays that monitors give out that can damage people's vision in the long run. This feature is really cool because there are companies who do sell glasses for this exact purpose and BenQ beat the to the punch! I for one rather have the tech built in to the monitor then have to be worrying about wearing glasses while gaming. Another feature that fits into the eye care model is Flicker-free. Which eliminates flickering at all brightness levels and reduces eye fatigue effectively. Conventional LCD screens flicker at the rate of 250 times per second. Your eyes may not see the flickers but they can certainly feel them. So relieve your eyes from the uncomfortable flickering effect by switching to a BenQ flicker-free monitor. This great because the flickering in monitors would lead to people having headaches as well as eye fatigue. By far this is the best feature of this monitor, nothing else can top this because if  you're someone who has to sit in front of a PC for more than eight hours a day or a gamer who pulls 12 to 24 hour streams(like myself). We would definitely benefit from this tech and these monitors. 

To wrap this up in a short, this monitor has the potential that is needed for everything you would need to do. Be it gaming, multimedia, or even everyday business. This monitor has you covered and you will not have to worry about anything when it comes to performance and quality of the product that you are purchasing, because BenQ has your back. I will be posting a follow up review when I dive more in depth with more of this monitors features. I can't wait for what this monitor has to show me ! I can't wait! I will be tweeting when I finalize the video content for this item. Please follow me on twitter to keep posted an when that goes live.


Comments